|50 Manning Rd
|Chelmsford, MA 01824
|+1 978 822-0077
- Fixing a problem correctly the first time is preferable to leaving it to resurface later.
- Automation is always better than repetition.
- Monitoring and metrics are key to making smart decisions.
- Getting things done is the most important part.
- Linux, Bash, Terraform, git, Varnish, Nagios, Vagrant, Apache, Nginx, Ruby, Puppet, Kibana, ElasticSearch, Performance and Capacity Planning
- Logstash, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Graphite, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Hubot Python, node.js, coffeescript, OSSEC, Ansible, MongoDB
- Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS/Redhat, Debian), OSX, Windows Server
- AWS, Digital Ocean, Rackspace, Softlayer
- Mediawiki, markdown, Jira, kanban, scrum, regex
Read and comprehend most C-Family languages
Maxwell Health (Boston, MA)
Infrastructure Engineer; 8/2016 — Present
- Lead project to use Terraform to architect infrastructure on AWS, allowing for disaster recovery and easier deployment
- Designed event message store using elasticsearch and logstash
- Redesigned mongodb deployment for rapid, automated recovery of lost nodes
- Migrate services from legacy systems into Kubernetes
- Deploy new services in Docker onto Kubernetes using helm
- Assist in architecture of microservices and best practices
- Help teams make supportable, manageable services.
- Maintain highly available SaaS application in a 24x7 environment
Curriculum Associates (Billerica, MA)
Senior Operations Engineer; 5/2016 — 8/2016
- Designed a scalable, easily deployable, centralized log management and processing system using Terraform, Puppet, Logstash, Elasticsearch, and Kibana on Amazon Web Services.
Acquia (Boston, MA)
Site Reliability Engineer; 8/2014 — 5/2016
- Developed tools for auditing and automation
- Maintained high availability infrastructure for customer sites and ensured uptime during high traffic events
- Dedicated operations resource for large enterprise customer
- Ensured site availability during some of the world's largest events: The Olympics, The Superbowl, and more.
- Functioned as a technical and strategic contact and partner
- Worked in a high-touch relationship with the customer, including regular calls and on-site visits
- Improved platform monitoring and create auditing tools to improve stability
- Built tooling to use metrics to provide proactive notifications of pending issues before they occur
Senior Cloud Systems Engineer; 7/2013 — 8/2014
- Manage and maintain 13,000+ Linux Systems on Amazon EC2.
- Assist in redesign of monitoring system to accommodate 10,000+ systems and 300,000+ services
- Develop command line tool for automating ticket creation in ZenDesk
- Create a standardized development environment using Vagrant
- Maintain Highly Available LAMP infrastructure for Acquia Hosting
- Troubleshoot, maintain and create configuration files for Varnish
PlumChoice (Lowell, MA)
Linux Systems Administrator; 10/2011 — 7/2013
- Centralized management configuration and security updates for Red Hat, CentOS, and Ubuntu Servers
- Architected system and network monitoring across multiple sites worldwide (250+ servers running 800+ services)
- Used Nagios, Icinga, Orion, Splunk, Logstash, rrdtool, and others for performance and monitoring
- Wrote scripts using bash/perl/python for system tasks and monitoring plugins
- Administered internal xmpp chat server
- Configured and deployed Linux and Windows systems, both physical and virtual (VMWare ESX & VCenter)
- Acted as company Security Administrator, responsible for parts of PCI-DSS compliance, assist in writing policies, review all security incidents
- Co-wrote and deployed reporting REST API on Amazon EC2 using Node.js and Nginx
IT Infrastructure Consultant; 2/2011 — 10/2011
- Created PC cloning and imaging solution using Clonezilla and DRBL
- Assisted in design and implementation of escalation procedures for operations to development
Sophos (Burlington, MA)
Technical Support Engineer; 7/2010 — 1/2011
- Developed support tools and procedures for new products, migrated existing tools to work with new products
- Provided customers with SQL and VB scripts based on specific needs to supplement software functionality
- Worked to discover and resolve bugs and defects
- Completed a variety of testing to recreate and resolve customer issues
- Implemented enterprise level software solutions in many environments from extremely large (20,000+) to single workstations.
Tier II Technical Support; 05/2008 – 06/2009
- Assisted QA and engineering by testing products before live release
- Handled technical escalations submitted by Tier I customer support
- Created training material and provided instruction in a classroom environment
- Assisted mail operations and deliverability team in resolving issues and delivery problems
- Created web-based interface for support to view current issues and troubleshooting steps
- Designed Mac/OS X support training curriculum
Larry's Comics (Lowell, MA)
IT/Webmaster/Graphic Design/Manager; 06/1999 – 06/2012
- Provided all levels of IT/helpdesk support
- Web server configuration and maintenance. Web design and online storefront programming.
- Created and managed customer Access database for marketing
- Managed day-to-day store operations, managed a small team of employees
- Computer Science; Worcester Polytechnic Institute (Worcester, MA)
- Management Information Systems; UMass Lowell (Lowell, MA)
- Management Information Systems; Middlesex Community College (Lowell, MA)
• +1 978 822-0077
50 Manning Rd, Chelmsford, MA 01824